Who we are
Ascendere is a Portuguese non-governmental organization for development created in 2010 to specifically work in Príncipe Island.
The organization is funded by Arminda and António Machado.
The associates of Ascendere belong to a broad professional spectrum.
- Francisco Pina Gil – Physician. Internal Medicine. Chairman of the board of Ascendere
- José Valongueiro – Engineer
- António Machado – Physician. Internal Medicine
- Arminda Machado- Physician. Cardiologist
- Elvira Simões – Economist
- Vitor Serra – Lawyer
- Joaquim Neves – Physician. Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Maria Afonso – Physician. Resident in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Nuno Janeiro – Physician. Infectious Diseases
- Daniel Nunes – Agronomist
- Luzmarina Schitteck – Architect
- Thomas Schittek – Painter and sculptor